Chiropractic Care for Newborns & Infants
The in-utero environment (depending on babies position) and birth can be hard on a baby’s body. Early chiropractic treatments can greatly improve many symptoms that can occur from the transition from womb to mom’s arms.
Chiropractic can Help: Difficult Birth Experiences:
- Very short labor
- Very long labor
- Induction of labor
- Baby’s head was pulled during delivery
- Baby delivered using suction
- Breech presentation
- Cesarean birth
Signs your Baby may Benefit from Chiropractic Treatments:
- Difficulty latching
- Sleeping issues
- Excessive spitting up
- Torticollis and reflux
- Ear infections
Chiropractic Treatment Methods for Infants:
- Cranio Sacral Therapy (CST): gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of the craniosacral system – comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord. Soft touch releases restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the function of the central nervous system.
- Light Touch Manual Adjustment: very light fingertip pressure to correct spinal misalignments. The amount of pressure is often no more than a finger touch. This is usually sufficient to restore mobility to spinal joints which can become locked causing interference to normal nervous system function.
- Activator: a hand-held, spring-loaded instrument-based manipulation/adjustment tool delivering a lighter and gentler adjustment. The activator instrument controls the force and speed of the adjustment.