Prenatal Chiropractic Care
How can Chiropractic Care Support my Pregnancy?
Physiological and endocrinological changes occur during pregnancy when creating the environment for the developing baby.
Some physical changes that can result in a misaligned spine or joints:
- Protruding abdomen and increased back curve
- Pelvic changes
- Postural adaptations
- Change in gait
Establishing pelvic balance and alignment is a big reason to have regular chiropractic care during pregnancy. When the pelvis is misaligned it can reduce the amount of room available for the developing baby. This restriction is called intrauterine constraint.
If the baby assumes a breech or posterior position, the mother’s ability to have a non-invasive birth is lessened.
Signs that you Could Benefit from Prenatal Chiropractic Care:
- Sinus issues
- Pelvic pain
- Rib pain
- Round ligament pain
- Pubic Symphysis Dysfunction
- Baby is in breech presentation
Benefits of Chiropractic care During Pregnancy:
- Healthier pregnancy
- Ease symptoms of nausea
- Reduce the time of labor and delivery
- Relieve back, neck, TMJ or other joint pain
- Supports vaginal birth through pelvic alignment and optimal fetal positioning